Welcome Advertisers and Recruiters
We understand the need of putting your voice out there when providing IT-related services. We greatly appreciate that you do. In order to keep this forum tidy and efficient, we hope you’ll stick to the following guidelines concerning advertising:
What Advertising is Allowed?
In general any IT related service is allowed on the forums. Our only requirement is that you get a vendor role before posting (more on that later), please note that the following rules apply:
- We have the right to refuse any advertisement for any reason
- Product must be active and supported
- Advertising here is a commitment, if we see a lot of bad experiences with no attempt to address them we will remove your post. (And maybe even you)
- In general discussions you can talk about what your product does, you may not however compare it to any other product
- The use of URL shortening services is prohibited, vendors may however include reference URL parameters (eg ?ref=sysminlounge)
The advertisement category is the only place to talk in detail and specifically about your product, and is the only place you can link directly to your product. If you need to link to detailed information about your product in any other category you should link to your post in the advertising section.
These rules apply to all advertisers!
Advertising we don’t like
Any promotion for products or services is seen as advertisement. Aside from the above white listed categories you are not allowed to post your advertisement. If you are unsure message a mod or admin. All advertisements must come from a verified vendor.
Additionally the following are not appreciated:
- Replying with advertisement in other threads
- Using affiliate/referer links in posts or profiles
- URL Shortners
- Creating multiple threads for the same company, product or service
- A username that explicitly is meant to advertise. For instance: my-hosting-company-com
Getting a vendor badge
Getting a vendor badge is quite simple, but requires some verification:
- Contact a moderator or admin about your request to get a badge
- In your message include the product name, link to product/company, description of product/company, etc.
- Answer any questions we may have
- Provide a contact method that verifies your information (company email, company phone number, etc.)
We have the right to refuse and/or revoke the vendor badge at anytime for violating our rules. If your participating in community, answer questions about your product(s), answering to bad user experiences and overall being a good community member we should have no reason to take moderating actions.